Dearest co-creators and valued thinking partners,
I am writing this to you as your insights will be vital as we (whoever is deeply called) gear up to co-create The Global Summit 2012 (tentatively 150-200ppl Aug 15-17 in UK immediately following Summer Olympics, with focus on grass-roots virtual participation).
While we have MANY documents holding DNA of mission and genius of hundreds of visionaries since 2007, its time to download & update with fresh ideas from you & with you. NOW, with the extraordinary awakenings in our world, how do we utilize this uniquely holistic yet strategic forum to serve humanity?
Below are recent thoughts inspired by our conversations, life's little messages and sparks of evolution.
Your insights and personal downloads will guide the conversation and are vital to advance next steps. Please comment on what you have time to read, and/ OR share your fresh thoughts at bottom of GOOGLE DOC, link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNW_d4WxuC_j7d90h9R1kWUVBkNbKRn...
Thank you all so much for your consideration of this, and for all you are doing in your own lives, organizations and communities! xox, m
PS. In coming weeks, with broader input from each of you & The Global Summit founding community (via survey), we'll set forth action steps & consensus decisions re. program and financial development needs, ideal venue & scope. Bandita Thapa (Nepal) and I are currently committed to co-chairing and serving on the steering committee which will facilitate coordination of communication system, support documents, invitations, organizing structures, partner criteria, outreach strategy, website content, etc. This core committee will be limited to 4-5 ppl, please send inquiries and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org
FEEDBACK WELCOME IN GOOGLE DOC: link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNW_d4WxuC_j7d90h9R1kWUVBkNbKRn...
The Global Summit 2012 Concept NOTES/ Brainstorm
(Mel's thoughts to be developed by your ideas into a strategy / white paper inviting global action & support!)
HISTORICAL / DEMOGRAPHIC CONTEXT:
With 7 Billion humans now sharing life on Earth, 7 times our numbers 200 years ago, and many generations of technology breakthroughs, we are seeing and feeling and stretching the limits of our planet's capacity to support our way of life. The biological indicators of resource depletion are evolutionary triggers calling to build and live in collaborative systems and connected communities. We- humanity - are re-indigenizing, actually re-connecting with the instincts that have enabled our evolution and existence-- With the past 200 years being something else, what does this new (indigenous 2.0) locally-led world look like?
While we are all learning the power of positive thinking and "intention", we are still living in an unintentional world - the whole complex web of social and economic structure is out of date--moreover, out of order.
What does a world where we have the most efficient and sustainable systems in place to support us look like. What if power and privilege were extended to those proven worthy? (MERITOCRACY vs. MEDIOCRACY) What if global policies and decisions that affect the world were done with hyper transparent information reflecting the self-determination of all people. What if the global policy making and development agenda were guided by and responded directly to those they most affected.
What if, rather than hidden bi-lateral agendas driven by special interests, merit and measurable benefits were the core driver of global decisions, technology, philanthropy, governmental/ policy system reform?
Given the worldwide wake up expressed through the 99%/ Occupy movement, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.
Our global economic system is broken and requires thoughtful redesign and development now to assure a future we can be proud of.
What's next? Do we have something to offer?
The Global Summit - 2012
A biennial think tank actively advancing a new global operating system serving the needs of 100% of Humanity and honoring the interdependent web of life we are part of.
Key elements of a global operating system:
- Economic, monetary, centralized vs local resource based / LETS
- Trading - globalization vs bio-regional
- Policy / Global issues requiring agreement from global participants / nation states
- Production/ Manufacturing/ Energy/ Waste/ Science/ Intellectual Property
1st 5 - 10 years focus of The Global Summit:
- Context/ possible function = 3rd party, civic engagement partner of UN
- Mechanisms - Collaboration and Knowledge Transfer w/ UN and other systems
Current think-tanks are self-defined interest groups emphasizing focus areas and issues, often with a particular set of political views or one predominant paradigm. A world that works for 100% of humanity must make total inclusiveness its primary directive. Hence the name, The Global Summit. To merit the trust and participation of humanity, hyper-transparency and systematic diversification and direct assessment / evaluation by all involved is also vital. This need is served by 1PIE collaboration portal.
Outcomes/ Action Required / Strategic Plan
- The process to build it, developed in the process, will be a primary outcome, inextricably linked with the operating system itself.
- Voting platform information gathered will demonstrate degree of disparity between people's interests and policies made. What else does humanity need to measure. Essentially this is a trial run and development test-tube for future transition.
- develop the network of community partners to facilitate / coordinate links to grass-roots stakeholders
- gather information w/ existing global demographic info - possibly partner w/ World Bank/ UN and contribute to that baseline
- Need to develop deep cooperation system with UN Associations, advocacy groups and groups working to transform it - this sets the context.
- Integrate elements of CBOT, Peoples Corporation, outcomes from The Global Summit and all the best ideas enabling humanity to thrive.
Three Interdependent Mechanisms to transform system:
- The Global Summit, Local Summits, and other meetings hosting open, transparent and inclusive conversations/ dialogues re. key policies, and issues between most diverse perspectives possible- diversity is supported by inclusive frameworks, getting beyond Donor/ Beneficiary Silo w/ 6 Sector PIE model.
- 7SS Education -- advancing a common framework and context for cooperation in needs and initiatives directed by those they most affect.
- Follow up Impact - 1PIE.org > Year Round Collaboration Platform/ System
- Online around the year, the platform helps connect ppl in project working groups
- This community of practice also shares tools and strengthens 7SS/1PIE database
Rationale/ VALUE PROPOSITIONS:
- We now have the ability to measure what's working, including the mechanisms that positively and negatively influence our culture, society and the detriment of essential resources. I.e. privatization of seeds as done in India by Monsanto causing mass suicides and threatens biodiversity.
- The UN can not transform itself, no more than should the vps of Chevron transform the global energy system.
- To date there is no multi-sector, globally- geographcally, spiritually, ethically and economically diverse body of humanity actively developing a new system-- i.e. what would it look like. System utilizing what works best in XYZ, what processes and mechanism really work-- and keeps evaluating them.
- like a body, self repairing -- 7SS is process to develop it. look at that for TGS Strategic Plan. DUH!!!! :)
- Open collaboration,
- merit based
- look deeper into sociocracy, direct democracy,
- LOCAL and individual self-determination, honoring the sovereign person - empowered potential vs. co-dependent
- Localized Currency system that exchanges globally with own members in network
- Must be civil society led, and owned
- self-defeating mechanism centralized power/ power mongering of special interest groups rather than self-reinforcing / rewarding corruption, etc.
- Will require world's greatest minds, thought leaders, experts, as well as most integrous and trusted civil society leaders
- with consistent development and transparency on the trajectory of developing a new global, collaborative, economic system the global summit with gain relevance and influence to the point where its legitimacy as an integral policy tool, informing the UN and related systems total transformation is undeniable
- As we build this, it will influence civic society & private sector systems - they will adapt first, government will follow
- Timeline:developing functional new global operating system may take 100s years, but gaining understanding / setting forth proven recommendations, tools, civil society based partnerships, new processes to make current global policy-making system more transparent possible in 2-5 years.
What will it take to deliver this? + Success Metrics
Massive civic engagement, relevant to / in language regarding all / 6 + sectors & 12 areas of interest/ infrastructure ~ what's working?
Ensure Whole, Inclusiveness of all populations - all people made safe, know their voices will be heard, rights protected
Many / if not all elements in past global summit programs-- just towards collective goal. i.e. currency system terms, data-system leaders united in working sessions
Open debates- to find and resolve flaws of diverse ideas not to throw out one or other; discussion to illuminate diverse systems for broader community engagement-- this is what we'd hoped for/ planned for in 2010 with debates-- to make this work, perhaps people would sign up to collaborate, as stakeholders- ensure representation direct participation from global community--- panels set the context for global audience feedback.
7SS/1PIE global tracking system software/ data-base, functionality/ applications are same as local community project version requires > micro/ macro-cosm. data from grass-roots projects also informs global policy making-- i.e. how many X type projects being developed, where, funded by? Greatest barriers to change inform need for collective research and action / programs.
NEW IDEAS: how will this feedback be captured and for what purpose? policy assessment? ie. Want nuclear energy vs have nuclear energy? Agreement ratio with X policy of particular demographic rates democratic integrity. Possible future result = If nation states remain relevant title, Nation States have greater trust, privlidges, or other benefits.
- Governance systems: Measure of effectiveness, good neighbor, carbon footprint, democratic integrity, happiness, +?
- 1PIE multi-sector members' Core Concept: "cnet for people"
- Function of setting forth global values for sustainable world in each sector REQUIRES constant re-visit and agreement by all members, and updated constantly with input from each new member, opportunities for updating principals/ values offered via partner events.
GLOBAL POLICY Vs. VOLUNTARY COLLABORATION:
In 2008, people did not get purpose or potential impact of what Policy System was endeavoring. It was not born -- but conceived into development.
NEED: New ideas that support clear impact, since 2008, social development, landscape, and clearer understanding of Stefan Cibian's proposed system and other ideas offered in The Global Summits.
**Value Proposition: Global town hall meeting with most effective civic engagement systems, processes and tools on planet. Make dialogue transparent in order to include all voices. Self-determination experience more than experience, makes a real impact, influencing development of global policy system.
Inspirational ppl Vandana Shiva, Nobel Laureates and other prize winners from Ashoka, Skoll, Global Fund for Women +??? AND power players, heads of industry-- making interesting debates to inspire global feedback/ online participation
Systematic assessment of diversity, and mechanisms to respond to gaps.
IMPACT RESEARCH - while a major driver and outcome, the research / process evaluation can also be considered a background element -- in which case the program itself must focus on real world issues, actions, and attempt to foster critical mass collaborations amongst all sectors.
Frameworks for Inclusion:
The 6 sector based civic engagement system is not set in stone but a starting point to ensure diversity and begin with something extra-governmental. Its focus on Non-governmental sectors of society tests and supports its function as a complimentary tool of government centered policy creation and humanitarian aid/ development.
Just as no system transforms, focused outreach to diverse, yet meeting criteria of excellence and advancing values for a sustainable world in each sector will ensure a diverse network of participants.
FEEDBACK WELCOME IN GOOGLE DOC: link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNW_d4WxuC_j7d90h9R1kWUVBkNbKRn...